Location: Messiah Episcopal Church is located at
1631 Ford Parkway
Saint Paul, MN 55116
The church building is on the north side of Ford Parkway, one block west of Snelling Avenue at Macalester Avenue. Parking is available on the street. We are also served by Metro Transit’s Route 84 (stops one block away) and the A Line (stops are three blocks away).
Please contact us if you have any questions.
What to Expect
Worship services use the Anglican liturgy and a mix of traditional hymns with contemporary music. Feel free to dress casually or to dress up.
Children of all ages are always welcome in the worship service. But we also have other options:
- A quiet room, located at the back of the sanctuary, offers additional space for parents to sit with restless children.
- Activity bags are available for children who prefer to remain in the worship service. You will find them on a rack outside the sanctuary.
- Babies and toddlers can play or be cared for in the nursery, which is located on the lower level across from the main stairs and staffed by at least two volunteers.
- During the 8:30 service children ages 4-10 (fifth grade) are invited to attend Children’s Chapel.
Join us for coffee and treats between services, beginning at approximately 9:45 a.m.
Education Hour: 10-11 a.m.
During the school year we offer an hour of education between the services for all ages:
- Adults gather in the Loft on the third floor for various Adult Education offerings.
- An English conversation group meets in the reception area.
- Middle and high school students meet on the third floor for Bible study.
- A toddler Sunday School, for children ages 18 months to 3 years, teaches little ones about the love of Jesus through story, song, art, and play.
- Preschool and younger elementary school children explore God’s nature, care, and work through the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, a Montessori-based approach. These classes extend into the 11:00 service, with children joining their families for communion at the end of the service at roughly 11:45.
- Fourth and fifth graders have their own class that meets on the third floor with a curriculum focused on teaching the Bible.
All adults and youth working with children have received Safe Church training.
A Sunday at Messiah