We are called to spread the kingdom of God locally and internationally, in the power of the Holy Spirit. Through sharing the gospel of Christ, ourselves, and our resources, we strive to:
- Support missionaries and relational ministries
- Nurture partnerships and support indigenous ministries
- Maintain faithful prayer support and communication
- Respond with mercy to immediate needs and work towards justice
- Provide mission education and advocacy within the parish
Messiah partners with local and international organizations through financial donations, support of personnel, and investment of time.
- Project Home – During the month of June, we host up to 20 guests in our church every night who are without shelter. We partner with several area churches to provide hosts for this program.
- Local Food Shelf – On the first Sunday of each month, we donate non-perishable food items and financial gifts to a food shelf in St. Paul.
- Haiti Partnership – Messiah has a long-standing partnership with a parish in L’Acul, Haiti. Each year, we raise money for teacher salaries at L’Epiphanie School, a preschool to sixth grade program. We have assisted in microloan projects as well as other ventures suggested by the Haitian community. Messiah members periodically visit Haiti, and we have welcomed members of the Haitian parish to Minnesota. We continue to seek new ways to support our Haitian brothers and sisters and enable them to find sustainable resources for themselves and their local ministries.
- Missionaries – Messiah sends and supports missionaries throughout the world in the following organizations: